My name is Heather and Welcome to Crooners In Coffeeshops!
Interviewing was always my favorite part about being a journalist. My love for chatting with musicians combined with my enjoyment of the perfect latte sparked an idea that grew to become Crooners in Coffeeshops. My goal for CiC is to not only support local artists and introduce them to potential new fans, but to also discover some hidden gem coffeeshops in the area. And let’s be honest, most people in the entertainment industry are caffeine addicts in some way or form, so why not apply it to something productive!
7 Fun Facts About Me
- I’m originally from Salinas (AKA The Salad Bowl capital of California).
- I double majored in Journalism and Communication Studies at Azusa Pacific University. (Yes, that means two degrees!)
- I have written for Mind Equals Blown, Entertainment Scoop and Music Connection Magazine.
- I’ve been in 4 music videos. You can check them out here.
- My lifelong dream is to be a skipper on the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland.
- I’m a Sagicorn (Sagittarius-Capricorn cusp).
- Seven is my favorite number.
“The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
- Jacob Emery – for 1. being my support system and not letting me give up on my passions and 2. filming my interviews, recording the sound, and editing them to to make them look awesome.
- Peter Fornos – for designing my logo and being my official transcriber.
- Supreeya Phuasakul – for dolling me up and taking all of the photos of me that you see throughout the site.
- All of the artists that have been a part of the Crooners In Coffeeshops family.
- You! Yes, you! For taking the time to visit Crooners In Coffeeshops.
New Project Alert!
For the year 2020, I made it my New Year’s resolution to listen to every album released in the year (according to Wikipedia). These are all purely based on my personal thoughts and opinions, and I will also be sharing my top 3 songs from the albums. Follow my New Music Resolution journey on Tumblr!